Pirassununga is a small town in the state of São Paulo. Located in the Central-Eastern part of the state at an altitude of 627 meters. Has a population of just over 70,000 inhabitants.
In the city, are headquartered important organs and institutions, especially the Faculty of Animal Science and Food Engineering of the University of São Paulo (USP); the Air Force Academy, where are graduates of career and future officers of the Brazilian Air Force; Fort Anhanguera, which houses the 13th Mechanized Cavalry Regiment of the Brazilian Army and the National Centre for Research and Conservation of Continental Fish.
Located 9 km away from the city center is an important tourist centre of the state, the district of Cachoeira de Emas, where there are restaurants specializing in fish cuisine, attracting thousands of tourists on weekends and holidays.
Fonte: Site da prefeitura de Pirassununga - http://www.pirassununga.sp.gov.br/
The city can be reached by the highways SP 225 , SP 328 and SP 330 ( Anhanguera highway ).
- Ribeirão Preto - Pirassununga : 107km BR- 050 (SP -330 - Anhanguera highway )
- Campinas - Pirassununga : 120Km by BR - 050 (SP -330 - Anhanguera highway )
- São Paulo - Pirassununga : 211km BR- 050 (SP -330 - Anhanguera highway and SP 348 Bandeirantes Highway ) or : 237km BR- 050 (SP -330 - Anhanguera highway ) .
- São Paulo International Airport / Guarulhos Governador André Franco Montoro / Intl Airport
- It is the largest airport of South America located 25 miles away from the center of Sao Paulo.
- Address: Rod Helio Schmidt , s / n º - Guarulhos - Sao Paulo
- Phone: ( 11 ) 2445-2945.
- Airport of São Paulo / Congonhas
- It’s located only 8 miles from the city center of Sao Paulo.
- Address: Av Washington Luís , s / n º - Vila Congonhas - South Zone - São Paulo.
- Phone: ( 11 ) 5090-9000 .
- Campinas / Viracopos International Airport
- Located 18km from Campinas and 99 km from São Paulo. Most airlines offers transportation connecting the airport to São Paulo.
- Address: Rodovia Santos Dumont , 66 km - Campinas - São Paulo .
- Phone: ( 19 ) 3725-5000
- São Paulo - Pirassununga : Line operated by the Real Expresso - 2 times daily ( www.realexpresso.com.br )
- Campinas - Pirassununga : Line operated by Company Danúbio Azul - several times daily ( http://www.danubioazul.com.br )
- Ribeirão Preto - Pirassununga : Line operated by the Real Expresso - 1 time daily ( www.realexpresso.com.br )
This year, RWIO will give 30 free accommodations for students! To get a free accommodation you need to pay the registration fee and send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org to book your accommodation.
Pirassununga Othon Suítes
Av. Padre Antonio Vann Ess, 1220
Telephone: +55 (19) 3562-2343
Prices from R$ 155,00 to R$ 317,00
Rua Antônio Joaquim Mendes, 2397 – Jardim Carlos Gomes
Telephone: +55 (19) 3565-9090
Prices from R$ 85,00 to R$ 260,00